Carrot and Beetroot soup
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 500kg carrots, peeled, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and diced
- 1kg beetroot’s, peeled and chopped
- 2 litres vegetable stock
- To serve
- sour cream
- chopped fresh chives
- Heat the oil in the inner pot.
- Add onion, carrot, celery and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add beetroot and stock. If the vegetables are not quite covered top up with water.
- Bring to the boil.
- Once boiling turn down to a simmer and simmer for 5 minutes with the lid on.
- Turn off the heat and place the inner pot into the vacuum-insulated outer Thermal Container.
- Shut the lid and leave to thermally cook without power for a minimum of 3 hours.
- Before serving remove the bay leaves and purée with a blender.
- Serve with a twist of sour cream and some chopped fresh chives.