I once again used a roasting bag to cook the tuna in as I was only cooking for two people.
- 2 tuna steaks
- 1tbsp red Thai curry paste
- 400ml tin of coconut milk
- 2 tbsp of fish sauce
- 200g bean sprouts, washed
- 100g mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp seseme oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 pak choi, sliced
- 100g Thai rice noodles
- Mix the curry paste, coconut milk and fish sauce together. Place the tuna steaks, and the mixture in a roasting or vacuum bag and remove as much air as possible.
- 75% fill the inner pot with water and bring to the boil.
- When boiling add the tuna and curry mix in the bag and put on the lid.
- Turn off heat and place the inner pot into the insulated outer container and shut the lid.
- Leave to cook for 1 hour.
- While cooking toss the bean sprouts and mushrooms in the sesame oil and soy sauce and leave in the fridge or a cool place.
- Place the noodles on a bowl and pour over 500ml of boiling water and leave for 15 minutes until soft.
- When the tuna is ready drain the noodles and place on the plate along with the pak choi and bean sprout/mushroom mix. Place the tuna on the noodles and pour over some of the sauce it has been cooked in.
- Drizzle a little soy sauce over the pak choi and serve.
Â© 2012 Dave Knowles - The Thermal Cook. The copyright of this recipe belongs to Dave Knowles - The Thermal Cook and it should not be reproduced in any form without written permission from The Thermal Cook.
Continue reading about THAI TUNA RED CURRY