A great stew made with venison and pork. Easy to make and will be enjoyed by everyone.
- 500g pork, cut into cubes
- 500g venison, cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp freshly ground pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
- 1 bottle of red wine
- 3 stick celery, cut into 5cm lengths
- 4 large carrots, cut into 5cm lengths
- 300g butternut squash, cut into cubes
- 225g mushrooms, cut into slices
- Dust the meat with the ground pepper.
- Put the olive oil to a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the meat and brown in batches. When brown put the meat in the inner pot.
- Add the onions to the frying pan and cook until soft.
- Put the onions in the inner pot.
- Add the tomatoes, red wine, celery, carrots to the meat and onions and bring to the boil.
- Add the butternut squash and the mushrooms. Stir well and bring back to the boil.
- Put on the lid and turn down to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Put the inner pot into the insulated outer container and shut the lid.
- Leave th thermal slow cook without power for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Check the seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Serve with new potatoes or crusty bread.