Indonesian Chicken with Courgettes
This recipe is really worth a try. Jen and myself just loved it. This ideally needs the twin pot thermal cooker due to the quantity or you could cook the meal in a roasting bag.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 400g can coconut milk
- 50ml water
- 50ml lemon juice
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 inch piece ginger, grated
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 450g courgettes, cut in half lengthways then sliced
- 15g fresh coriander
- salt and pepper to taste
RICE - cooked in top pot
- 1.5 cups rice
- 3 cups water
- Add all the main ingredients except the courgettes and fresh coriander into the inner pot and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling turn down to a simmer.
- Add the rice and water to the top pot and bring to the boil, stir and turn down to a simmer.
- Add the courgettes to the inner pot and bring back to the boil. Give it a stir and then place the top pot into the inner pot and put on the lid.
- Transfer the inner pot/ top pot into the outer insulated container, shut the lid and leave to thermal cook for 2 to 3 hours.
- Before serving check the seasoning and add salt and pepper if required. Garnish with the fresh coriander.
Â© 2012 Dave Knowles - The Thermal Cook. The copyright of this recipe belongs to Dave Knowles - The Thermal Cook and it should not be reproduced in any form without written permission from The Thermal Cook.
Tags: boat cookers, camping stoves, caravan cookers, chicken, eco-friendly cooking, energy saving cooking, green cooking, hay box, indonesia, motor home cookers, mr d the thermal cook, mr ds recipes, mr ds thermal cooker, Shuttle Chef, stoves, the thermal cook, thermal cooker, thermal cooking, thermos flask cooking