Liver I know is not enjoyed by everyone but it is really good for you as it is rich in iron and vitamin A. You can choose whichever type of liver you like for this recipe. I have used ox liver but lambs or pigs liver will work just as well.
To make this dish will take no time at all.
- 350g ox liver, cut into strips
- 3 tbls plain flour
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, skinned and chopped
- 100g mushrooms, sliced
- 400g can haricot beans, drained
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 150 ml cup beef stock
- 2 tbsp tomato purée (paste)
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Dust the liver with seasoned flour.
- Melt the butter and olive oil in the inner pot.
- Add the liver, onion and mushrooms quickly until brown.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients and bring to the boil.
- Turn down the heat, put on the lid and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place the inner pot into the insulated outer container.
- Leave to thermal slow cook without power for 2 hours.
- Check the seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Serve with rice.