Jen went up to Basingstoke today and decided to take a meal for her mother and father who are in their 90s. Of course the thermal cooker was ideal for this as the meal could be prepared before leaving and then it would cook on the journey. The recipe we chose was beef braised in red wine.
700g rump steak, cut into cubes
250ml beef stock
120ml red wine
175g mushrooms, cut into four
2 onions, sliced
1 stick celery, roughly chopped
4 carrots, cut into 2 cm thick slices
6 small potatoes halved
1 garlic clove crushed
1tsp of dried thyme
2 large bay leaves
salt and pepper to taste
1. Put all the ingredients in the inner pot and bring to the boil.
2. Turn down the heat and leave it to simmer with the lid on for 5 minutes.
3. Transfer the inner pot into the insulated outer container.
4. Shut the lid and leave to cook without power for a minimum of 3 hours
5. Just before serving check the seasoning and adjust if necessary.
– Posted using BlogPress from
Location:Ashleigh Close,Hythe,United Kingdom