This is based on a recipe from Waitrose.
It is very simple to put together and is ideal for anyone on the move in their motor home.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 454g of sausages of your choice. I used pork
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 100ml of water
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 200ml white wine
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 500g baby potatoes, halved
- 250g frozen peas
- freshly ground black pepper
- Put the olive oil in the inner pot over a medium heat.
- Add the onions and the garlic. Cook until the onions are soft.
- Put the sausages in the pot and cook them until they colour slightly.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, water, the chicken stock cube, the wine, the Worcestershire sauce, the potatoes, and the frozen peas. Give everything a stir, making sure that the stock cube has mixed in, and bring to the boil.
- Turn down the heat and simmer for 5 minutes with the lid on.
- Put the inner pot into the insulated outer container and shut the lid,
- Thermal Slow Cook without power for a minimum of 3 hours.
- Before serving check the seasoning and adjust.
- Serve with crusty bread.