For those of you who are vegetarian you could change the cheese to one that is not made with animal rennet.Here are some blue cheeses that are vegetarian
Dolcelatte, Yorkshire Blue, Adelost (a Swiss cheese) and Saint Agur.
- 1 tsp rapeseed oil
- 1 large red onion, halved and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 400g chunk butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and diced
- 200g small button mushrooms
- 2 cups brown basmati rice
- 3½ reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 20g pieces dried mushroom, chopped
- 2 tsp dried sage
- small pack parsley, chopped, stalks and leaves separated
- 70g gorgonzola, crumbled
- Heat the oil in the inner pot over a medium heat, add the onion and garlic, and fry for 5 mins.
- Add the squash and button mushrooms, and cook for a 3 mins more.
- Stir in the rice, then pour in the stock. Stir well, then add the dried mushroom, sage and parsley stalks.
- Bring to the boil and boil for 4 to 5 minutes before placing the inner pot into the insulated outer container.
- Shut the lid and leave to thermally cook without power for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Before serving fold in the parsley leaves and cheese with some black pepper, then place back in the outer container for 5 mins.