For all you vegetarians out there here is a great chilli meal for you to enjoy.
1 litre vegetable stock
250 ml water
400g tin of chopped tomatoes
130g dried brown lentils
2 onions, roughly chopped
1 carrot, sliced
1 red or green pepper, choppers
1/ celery stick,sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed
1/2 tbsp chilli powder, less if you don’t want it too hot
3/4 tsp ground cumin
1 bay leaf
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Put all the ingredients (except the salt and pepper) in the inner pot and bring to the boil occasionally stirring.
2. Place on the lid and turn the heat down to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Turn off the heat and place the inner pot in to the insulated outer container.
4. Shut the lid and slow cook without power for a minimum of 3 hours.
5. Before serving season to taste with the salt and pepper.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Tags: boats, camping, camping cooker, caravan, caravans, eco-friendly cooking, food, food/haybox/hay box/thermal cooking, hay box, haybox, motor home, motorhomes, Mr Ds Cookbook, mr ds thermal cooker, MrDsKitchen, Shuttle Chef, slow cooker, the thermal cook, thermal cook, thermal cookbook, thermal cooker, THERMAL COOKERS, thermal cooking