Posted in Vegetarian
Vegetarian – Vegetable and Lentil Chilli
For all you vegetarians out there here is a great chilli meal for you to enjoy.
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 250 ml water
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 130g dried brown lentils
- 100g sweetcorn
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 red or green pepper, choppers
- 1/ celery stick,sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 tbsp chilli powder, less if you don’t want it too hot
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put all the ingredients (except the salt and pepper) in the inner pot and bring to the boil occasionally stirring.
- Place on the lid and turn the heat down to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and place the inner pot in to the insulated outer container.
- Shut the lid and slow cook without power for a minimum of 3 hours.
- Before serving season to taste with the salt and pepper.
- – Posted using BlogPress from my iPad